Cooper

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Hank

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Spring Break

I love spring break! I just got back from four days in Orange with my best friend, Annie, and her three week old son, Sam. We had the best time. I guess I got to experience first hand what it is like to be a new mommy. I think I can sum up with four words: EAT, sleep, poop, and snuggle! I lived for the moment when Annie or Moe said, "Could you hold him for me?" I got to swaddle him, rock with him in the chair, and hold him on the couch. It was so much fun! I realized how much your life really does change with a new life! I was mesmerized with this tiny little person. Every time he would cry, we would all try to find a way to make him happy again. He is absolutely a joy.



I realized that Annie and I will have a new friendship now, filled with stories of Sam and other kids to come. I can see how having a child sure does change your perspectives and priorities, and all for the better. I hope to have stories of my own someday, but for now, it is really fun to have Sam. Annie has always struck me as someone who would be a great mother, but she is even more of an amazing mother than I thought.


I am the happiest auntie in the world!

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You are too cute. Glad you had a great time and congrats to Annie!